Why Should You Hire a Doula?
Research shows that having a Doula present at birth can actually decrease complications with fewer interventions through labor and delivery and increase bonding between a mother and her baby.
A Doula provides informed physical, emotional and mental support, before, during and after birth. And helps a family communicate their decisions with comfort and confidence about the kind of birth they want and would like to experience.
Whether you are planning an all-natural birth or a medicated one, at home or in a hospital, with a midwife or an OB, Kili's goal is to come alongside you and offer guidance, information, and encouragement to empower you to achieve the birth experience you desire.
Birth Doula Package Includes
• A complimentary consultation
• 1-2 prenatal visits where we’ll discuss your visions for labor and birth, I’ll answer your questions about labor, delivery, breastfeeding, infant care, or postpartum care and support
• Assistance in the development of your birth preferences or plan
• Discuss/practice comfort measures such as massage, counter-pressure, and position changes that provide comfort during labor
• Availability via phone call, text or email throughout your pregnancy to discuss questions that arise or any concerns you may have about your pregnancy
• On-call support 24/7 beginning 2 weeks prior to your baby’s anticipated arrival
• Resources available for maternity, birth & newborn photography, childbirth education classes, midwifery care, OB recommendations & post-partum breastfeeding, postpartum doula and more.
SUPPORT DURING LABOR & CHILDBIRTH
• Continuous physical and emotional support from the time you determine you need my presence during labor at your home, the hospital, birthing center, or wherever you choose to labor until after the birth of your precious baby
• Maintaining the birthing environment and ambiance you have chosen
• Explanation of medical procedures
• Guiding and encouraging your husband/partner as they support you
• Providing comfort measures such as massage and counter-pressure along with the suggestion of position changes to help you cope with labor
• I will remain with you until after the birth and recovery begins
• Breastfeeding support and guidance
• Post-partum follow-up visit to discuss your experience, provide you with any additional newborn baby guidance, and receive any feedback you may have about my support as a doula
“Kili was extremely thorough and helpful in preparing me physically, emotionally and mentally for birth. And after birth. Her communication was clear, loving and direct. She took verbal and physical cues very well and I really loved how she guided me through breath work. She was my rock.”. Melissa
“Working with Kili made me confident in expressing myself during my birth experience. I was able to vocalize my preferences with strength and comfort”. Heather P.